بحث هذه المدونة الإلكترونية

الجمعة، 17 سبتمبر 2010

A life without Internet


Can you imagine a world without Internet? I am just trying my level best to figure it out. I ended the contract with my ISP and started my life without internet a month ago (work hour will not be included, can't work without internet :-))


Day 1
wow, life is so good even without internet and the world won't change much. I just enjoy my daily life and have a sweet sleep.
Day 2
Er, I really wanna check out some info on my favorite websites and wanna know if there is any breaking news happened in this crazy world. Okay, I am planning to subscribe a newspaper. Good idea?
Day 3
I can't help surfing some work unrelated websites for about 1 or 2 hours. :-) This makes me feel better.
Day 4
I began reading newspapers but thought the info is outdated and can't find the info I needed. If I accessed to the internet, I can always collect the info I wanna know and find the info I am interested in, like hardware, sports etc.
Day 5
I took out my laptop, and talked to it.
ME: What is the use of a laptop without internet?
Laptop: Silence.
Me: I can watch some DVDs or play some games. Oops.
Day 6
I did watched an old movie. And write a blog about it but can only store it on my HDD and can't share it with my buddy, which annoyed me.
Day 7
There were 300+ emails in my Gmail, yahoo, hotmail &Outlook account and maybe my friends missed me? or think I was dead or something. Actually, I was still not far away from the world, a cell phone in hand is better than two laptops without internet.
Day 8 to Day 30
I was living in a world without internet and knew nothing about this world. I can't help recalling a sentence: There are a lot of drugs we take so reflexively we don't even know theyre drugs. One such drug is internet.

I have to confess I can't live in a world without internet. When you get the chance to access to the internet, you can always find solutions and get connected with the world. The wealth of information available online is worth so much more than the Circuit boards that the computer is made from. Now I realize that an Intel Core i7+X58 motherboard won't make sense if it is not connected. I would take a five year old P4 PC with an internet connection over a top line Intel core i7 rig that isn't connected with the internet.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق